Hello Guest

Project Sterling GT

• 72 Replies

Offline onederful100

• Retired Director
  • if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
Re: Project Sterling GT
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »
Well, redid the data logs.  It pulls hard already, wonder what more will happen.  I'm gonna need extra absorbant Depends if todays run is any indication.....torque down low is such a wonderful thing.  Yep, I'm addicted to HP.

nice!
there are worse things to be addicted to.  :shaka:

Whipple Crew Member

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
Yeah how true.
One of these days, Alice!

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2018, 07:15:29 AM »
Haven't posted on this in a while.  First tune revision installed and FWIW, BIG difference.  Car pulls much harder than before.  Mileage getting better too averaging around 18-19 mpg.  Need to do another datalog but have been running on this revision to get the computer to relearn.  Maybe not necessary but I've noticed a difference from when the tune is installed to after running for a couple of weeks.  So far so good and really happy with VMP. 

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 07:28:25 AM »
Nice.  When you bringing it out?

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 07:47:58 PM »
Might stop by the meeting tomorrow.  Can't stay too long as the night vision not so good. 

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
Don't light the dark, light the tires.  This is a Performance club.

Offline 07GTstang

• Inter Club Representative
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 10:09:35 PM »
Might stop by the meeting tomorrow.  Can't stay too long as the night vision not so good. 

YES.
2007 Mustang GT: 4PTSIK
Saleen gen vi blower @ 10psi - unknown whp/wtq (probably a good amount)

occasionally spits fire

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »
Well finished up the suspension mods to the GT.  Went with Ford Performance P springs, Koni yellow adjustable struts and shocks, BMR adjustable panhard bar and
mount, Ford Performance sway bar kit and GT500 lower control arms.  Investing in a scissor spring compressor and a 1/2" cordless impact gun makes the job a lot easier.  The rear took a lot longer than the front.  Should have taken the shocks out and lowered the rear end first before doing the lower control arms...you live and learn.  The result keeps the traditional rake of the S197 but lowers the car about 1" front and rear.  I assembled the front struts and springs prior to installation, so the front went a lot faster.  Now the only issue is to get the front end aligned.  The rear end was off by 1/4" too far to the driver side but the BMR adjustable panhard bar made centering the axle easy.  All in all it took about a day to do.  The results.....no nose dive on braking, flat cornering.  Koni yellows are sent full soft, but I tried the full firm and folks, don't do this unless you like your passengers to be on the verge of vomiting chunks of lunch.  Readjusted the rebound by going back to full soft, and going 1/2 to 3/4 turns toward firm.  For a performance spring, reasonably comfortable ride and not too choppy.  Just a bit more firm than stock but a big difference in handling for sure.  The other plus is I can still not worry about scraping on speed bumps and driveways, but parking bump stops it's too low so just gotta be careful.  Really happy with the result and a recommended improvement for any S197 GT.

Next up.....cooling mods via higher capacity radiator and thermostat....stay tuned....

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
Nice work, but you better speed up the process before they make you run your car on batteries and a long extension cord.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
Well, gotta enjoy it now because according to some Tesla troll on you tube, he said he can hardly wait for the pure electric mandates...he told me I don't know what I'm talking about, soon the internal combustion engine will be outlawed, and Tesla will have the market.  Even went on to say that the model 3 outsold every American manufacturer this year. 

Ok, your turn!

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »
Tesla 3 did outsell other cars in its price range, not cars sold (Toyota Corolla sold twice as many cars, as did the Toyota Camry and the Honda Civic).  None of the other top cars sold with tax benefits and their CEO s don't smoke joints at press conferences and confuse the reporters. 

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2018, 06:59:37 AM »
Damn hippies trying to take over again.....I'm boycotting all Cheech and Chong reruns for the next year in protest. 

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 08:52:22 PM »

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.