Looking for 11-14 Mustang, V8, six speed  
Hello Guest

• 12 Replies

Offline GTRookie

• Hater
« on: July 26, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
As stated above, preferably not modded (much).  Any leads not already listed online appreciated.  Thanks
Nate

~Thread Stripper~

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
Re: Looking for 11-14 Mustang, V8, six speed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
If you're looking specifically, try getting a 13-14 GT.  Al lot of aftermarket support for these models, cool LED tail lamps.  Track Pack optioned one would be ideal as they come with 4 piston Brembos, tighter suspension and 3.73 rear gears.  Some wer optioned with Recaro seats too.  Have fun in your search.
One of these days, Alice!

Offline GTRookie

• Hater
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »
Noted.  And thanks.  Hope to get something soon!!
Nate

~Thread Stripper~

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 04:49:18 PM »
Good luck!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Dash808

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »
Mine will be for sale pretty soon, FYI :(   White '14 6spd ProCharged 5.Pro.  21k miles.
Drives like stock and tastefully modded.

Offline GTRookie

• Hater
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Picked up a 14GT.  Has way more mods than I wanted but price, features, mileage good.  Came with odd combination of parts:  sync, Brembos, cloth recaros, and the painted axle with finned aluminum diff. cover (3.73s and torsen?).  But does not have track apps that I thought Track Package cars came with.  Its way too loud, no cats and crazy mufflers.  Probably want to swap to something softer asap.  I think this is what's on it now: 

https://www.cjponyparts.com/corsa-axle-back-sport-exhaust-system-3-inch-stainless-steel-with-black-tips-gt500-2013-2014-with-ford-rear-lower-valance-for-quad-tip-exhaust-gt-boss-302-2013-2014/p/EXK25/

Possible trade?  Suggestions?
Nate

~Thread Stripper~

Offline Dash808

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 09:52:02 AM »
Congrats on the purchase.

Cats and GT500 axle backs is quiet and quality.

Offline GTRookie

• Hater
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 02:59:59 PM »
So cats make a big difference in sound volume?  Thanks

Edit:  Sorry, did you mean stock gt500 axle backs and no cats?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:10:49 PM by GTRookie »
Nate

~Thread Stripper~

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »
Nate, what you have is non Premium GT with the track package.  Torsen diff, 3.73 rear gear ratio, which is different than the standard traction lock diff which uses clutch packs.  In a nut shell, torsens are better for tracking the car rather than drag racing.  The setup is a little like the Boss 302, but without the full Boss springs and shock valving.  Since it is a base GT, interior is cloth based rather than leather and the instrument panel lacks the center LCD screen with the track apps.  Very cool find.

Now on the exhaust.  I'm kind of the old school deep rumble rather than loud and raspy.  These engines have a raspy character by nature.  One thing to notice on the stock system is the inclusion of in line resonators before the rear axle.  This tames the rasp a bit and if they were removed, that's part of the problem.  The cats removal is the second part.  A lot of the axle back exhausts are designed for used with cats and resonators in place.  Removing both and using an aggressive muffler and it's gonna sound like a former Honda owner missing his VTEC---complete ass. 

Check out the H pipe section underneath....it might be an off road x pipe.  My suggestion if you want an old school type sound, get an h pipe setup and put cats back on.  If the mid pipe section has no resonator, Borla, Magnaflow, and others sell shorty resonators that look like glass packs.  Weld those in.  Lastly, if it has the quad tip setup from the GT500, go to GT500 (Ford Performance) quad tip versions.  They have more baffling to cut down the noise.  All the kids are using Corsa Extremes which in my opinion are too loud.  Stay away from Roush mufflers too.  I have Borla S type axle backs on mine with the stock exhaust system which to me sounds nice as they were designed for the stock setup.  The mindset today is loud and obnoxious, straight piped with no thought as to tone character. 

Anyway hope our suggestions help, hope to check out the ride maybe at the next cruise night.  Congratulations and hope you have fun with it.  The Coyote S197s are cool cars and have a lot of aftermarket support.  You've made a great choice.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 04:58:48 AM »

What the hell, you're getting rid of the 2014?  Hopefully another Mustang to replace it....nice to see ya posting up too.  I'm getting tired of the "Donalds" in this life....LOL

Offline GTRookie

• Hater
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  This thing is too loud.  Gonna put it up on stands and see exactly what's under there this weekend.  The popping and banging when you lay off the throttle is nuts.
Nate

~Thread Stripper~

Offline Dash808

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
That's called no back pressure and the exhaust flow knocking on your exhaust valves during decel.......... which is fine if you have the power to take advantage of such a setup, or just like the sound. 

Otherwise throw some cats back in to the mix and that will eliminate the popping.  BUT depending on the axleback you are left with it may be too loud for you still and could drone at freeway speeds.  Basically a 10-15 RWHP difference between a stock system and a free flowing aftermarket. But you may loose some torque.  Pick your poison. 

Offline Dash808

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »

What the hell, you're getting rid of the 2014?  Hopefully another Mustang to replace it....nice to see ya posting up too.  I'm getting tired of the "Donalds" in this life....LOL

That's the plan and yup I'll actually be pretty sad to see it drive away.   Ironically its the best running and driving vehicle out of the 7 that I own, lol.  I'm sure there will be another Stang for me in the near future, but '14 is/ was a great year!

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.