Re: u might be a FOSTWHORE...
« Reply #114946 on: June 28, 2018, 09:14:31 AM »
I already ate mine...lol

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #114947 on: June 30, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
Half way already?! Wow.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #114949 on: July 15, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
Too many idiots pushing for outside control.  Cars without drivers kind of like the ones without brains designing them.  Most of the problems with car crashes come from humans doing dumb things---not the cars.  So in their thinking of how to solve this, take away the operator.  Well, the car has to run, and you still need an operator, but in this case "they've" determined that the machine is smarter.  Why is it that the "theys" in society think "they" know it all, think you're too stupid, need you to be silenced and controlled? Getting pretty sick and tire of this and it seems that the chronic are the only ones benefitting.   The whole belief is take out the human element and problem solved.  But that isn't true, as it takes some other human to make the thing that controls the rest. 

Take the zero emissions vehicle and the Ecoboost.  Emissions moved to another location, not eliminated, so just a falsehood for the Whole Foods mangers.  Ecoboost, nothing eco about it despite how much Ford pushes this thing.  Expensive to maintain and repair, extra cost to purchase, no healthy exhaust burble to speak of.  Oh, but the racers love turbos, so let's push that agenda since it's trendy.

Yep, the coffee just kicked in.....
One of these days, Alice!

« Reply #114950 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:12 AM »
To those who promote safety of autonomous self driving cars, their reasoning is very suspect.  They say that there are over 40,000 deaths in the U.S.  from car 5 million accidents each year.  Look at the total statistics.  That is out of 250 million registered cars.  There have been two autonomous car fatalities last year with only three dozen of those cars on the road.  Safer?  I think not.

Then in Hawaii there is the electric vehicle hype with less than one percent (.86) of registered cars being those toys.  And that is even with reduced registration fees, tax rebates, free parking areas, free charging systems at malls and government building for years.  Sure must be the way to go.  Did you see all those electric cars and trucks helping out during the Kauai and Oahu floods and during the Kilauea eruption/Pahoa evacuations?  Neither did I. 8)

« Reply #114951 on: August 02, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
Hi me, it's me again.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #114952 on: August 04, 2018, 05:49:38 AM »
Wow Larry,  back with a vengeance, hopefully a Mustang soon.  How's the search coming?

« Reply #114953 on: August 04, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
At Shelby American convention at Sonoma today, Ford Performance there with amazing fleet.  Giving free full gear passenger white knuckle rides in 2018 GT350R and Ford GT (a few private ones here) with semi-pro drivers that are insane!   triple digit speeds on the road course.
Did a passenger run in a track pack 2018 Mustang GT with amazing 10 speed auto. A Hertz rental. Glad to have  a helmet and Recaro seats  as the car is insane at full blast on a track.  10 speed in track mode keeps res up at 5500-6000 as it down shifts multiple gears through the turns.  Brembo brakes are good but could use big ones from the GT350.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #114954 on: August 04, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »
With all the problems cropping up with shift fork breakage on the MT82 transmissions, many are turning to the 10R80 automatics.  From what I'm hearing, a auto specific tune really make the shifting incredibly quick, as there is a bit of lag between the paddle shifter and actual gear changes.  The aftermarket is doing great things, hopefully a billet shift fork for the MT82 will be in the cards.  Tremec Magnum XL would be an option but at 4K in parts and another 2k in labor, you're in almost as much as a TVS install.  Ford gotta do something to correct the MT82 design flaw as the dual disc clutch and track apps are useless if the transmission can't handle the stock torque. 

« Reply #114955 on: August 05, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
No prob with Getrag in my 2011 GT350.  A twin 624 hp one here blasting the grueling course with no trouble.  Same trans and has raced the cars frequently each year at hard tracks around north Calif.  I don't know if Shelby shop ever did any mods to trans fork. 

The new 10 speed auto same the=at Ford developed with Chevy and is in the ZR1 Vettes.  Paddle shifters really unnecessary as trans in track mode is perfect.But if just cruising in town, tranny jerks all over if in track mode.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #114956 on: August 05, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
Since I upgraded the shifter, much better and shorter throws.  Clutch is slipping a little though when under high boost, so that may be the next upgrade.  Just gotta drive old man old school for a while....

Offline Dash808

« Reply #114957 on: August 07, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »
Too many projects, too much incompetence FML

Offline Dash808

« Reply #114958 on: August 07, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »
Babooze, China doesn't know how to spell billet...

« Reply #114959 on: August 08, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
Yeah, I think they spell it "bidet".   Kind of crapy. ::)

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.