Re: u might be a FOSTWHORE...
« Reply #114946 on: June 28, 2018, 09:14:31 AM »
I already ate mine...lol

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #114947 on: June 30, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
Half way already?! Wow.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #114949 on: Yesterday at 07:57:33 AM »
Too many idiots pushing for outside control.  Cars without drivers kind of like the ones without brains designing them.  Most of the problems with car crashes come from humans doing dumb things---not the cars.  So in their thinking of how to solve this, take away the operator.  Well, the car has to run, and you still need an operator, but in this case "they've" determined that the machine is smarter.  Why is it that the "theys" in society think "they" know it all, think you're too stupid, need you to be silenced and controlled? Getting pretty sick and tire of this and it seems that the chronic are the only ones benefitting.   The whole belief is take out the human element and problem solved.  But that isn't true, as it takes some other human to make the thing that controls the rest. 

Take the zero emissions vehicle and the Ecoboost.  Emissions moved to another location, not eliminated, so just a falsehood for the Whole Foods mangers.  Ecoboost, nothing eco about it despite how much Ford pushes this thing.  Expensive to maintain and repair, extra cost to purchase, no healthy exhaust burble to speak of.  Oh, but the racers love turbos, so let's push that agenda since it's trendy.

Yep, the coffee just kicked in.....
One of these days, Alice!

« Reply #114950 on: Yesterday at 09:22:12 AM »
To those who promote safety of autonomous self driving cars, their reasoning is very suspect.  They say that there are over 40,000 deaths in the U.S.  from car 5 million accidents each year.  Look at the total statistics.  That is out of 250 million registered cars.  There have been two autonomous car fatalities last year with only three dozen of those cars on the road.  Safer?  I think not.

Then in Hawaii there is the electric vehicle hype with less than one percent (.86) of registered cars being those toys.  And that is even with reduced registration fees, tax rebates, free parking areas, free charging systems at malls and government building for years.  Sure must be the way to go.  Did you see all those electric cars and trucks helping out during the Kauai and Oahu floods and during the Kilauea eruption/Pahoa evacuations?  Neither did I. 8)