lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
What Ford has in store for you (and maybe the Mustang)
Hello Guest

What Ford has in store for you (and maybe the Mustang)

• 20 Replies
Re: What Ford has in store for you (and maybe the Mustang)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »
Quite a few Mustangs on that list :-)
My two favorite names are Sally and Eleanor!

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
You can throw all the EcoBS out there, more boost equals more fuel. So explain where the gas savings is if you mash the pedal to the floor all the time? Just like Obama care saving you money, all BS.
One of these days, Alice!

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »
You only mash the pedal when you want or need it.  Yes, it will flow the fuel like a flushing toilet, but it is not an all the time deal.  On my 93 V6 Explorer with 160 HP, I got 12 city/16 hwy mileage (my numbers).  Most of the time I just got around 13 mpg.  Then with the 2005 Explorer, the V6 had 210 HP and mile ran 13 mpg city, 19 hwy, with 15 mpg average.  Now the 2014 Sport twin turbo six with 365 HP gets 15 mpg in town and over 25 mpg on the highway and seems to improve as the mileage increases.  Last Saturday, my cruise from Costco Kapolei to Kahala at 5 mph over posted limits and minimal traffic showed 27.2 mpg!  And I got on it on the on ramp and up over Red Hill (frustrated with open road conditions and drivers doing five to ten mph under posted limits).   An older V8 Explorer that was trying to push it near me wasn't event in the ballpark and I am sure his mileage really sucks.

On the downside, there is no performance exhaust with good tone available yet.  The Corsa is the only one and it is not much of an improvement.  I want the one the new Ford GT uses!

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »
Propaganda at its finest.  So far I've been averaging 20 MPG in a v8 and that's good enough for me.  Plus it comes with a stick which I prefer anyway.  My last automatic was the white fox and the AOD was slipping bands in no time.  That's why it was promptly converted to a manual.  The last 6 I had was our 1994 coupe.  Even that one with the AODE had issues.  Didn't bother to convert it, traded it for our previous 1997 Cobra.  From then on, no more automatics.  Manual with a v8 or nothing at all.  Opinionated, yep and proud of it.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:02 PM »
If it has over 500 HP, six speeds and paddle shifters, I can deal with it.  Sometimes the left foot just likes to be left alone, especially in heavy traffic.  Why should all the Bentley, Ferrari, Corvette and other old man super toys be the only selection to check out? 

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 06:12:59 AM »
Because that's what old men buy.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.