Hello Guest

Fox Verts

• 2 Replies

Offline fredfifty

• Git 'Um
    • 415Muscle
Fox Verts
« on: May 09, 2013, 06:23:12 AM »
So, i just finished swapping out an entire top/frame/rams/lines/rear glass from a 93, onto my 91.  the top/frame went on fine, everything lined up and bolted right up.  I go to drop down the top into the well and the rear glass shatters (left a tool in the well).  now, im searching CL for another rear glass.  found one! off an 89..go to put it in and it doesnt fit!  turns out it is too short.  So im guessing if you have a 93 top, you need to use a 93 rear window?  can anybody clarify, or if they have put in a different year rear window onto their top, and if it fit? Also, what year fox verts came with the larger zipper teeth and which came with the smaller zipper teeth?  i didnt realize there was so much involved in swapping tops lol thought it was plug and play, i was wrong.

thanks guys/gals!
RIP Edson Veloro 07-11-77 ~ 10-23-09
92 LX Coupe - Proj.
16 STi DD

Offline mberry

• General Computer Nerd
  • just crazy talk--->>
Re: Fox Verts
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
There could be differences in just what brand the top is.

Do you have dimensions of the glass? I could measure mine ('88) and see what's up.
'88 fox LX cone smasher (302, forged internals, lunati voodoo, cobra intake, SLP LM2s, MM Track pack, rattle can paint, and yes, i can fit 315s on all 4 tires!)
fire red '03 cobra...built engine...broken...rat food
sonic blue '03 cobra, 3.4 whipple, long tubes, SRA, return style fuel, ID1000s.

Offline fredfifty

• Git 'Um
    • 415Muscle
Re: Fox Verts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »
There could be differences in just what brand the top is.

Do you have dimensions of the glass? I could measure mine ('88) and see what's up.
hawaiian time response, but i actually found a rear window off a 91 that barely fit.  I had to remove the tack strip off the lower fabric of the rear window, and reposition it.  I guess that lower fabric is cut to a specific length depending on the top, and not all lengths are the same or "general" length.  it was a pain, but its in, not to OE specs, but good enough...thanks though
RIP Edson Veloro 07-11-77 ~ 10-23-09
92 LX Coupe - Proj.
16 STi DD

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.