lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
paint correction, or just new paint job?
delectable
Hello Guest

• 10 Replies

Offline 69 JR.

• Director
« on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »
This black car is starting to REALLY drive me crazy, and its age is starting to show sitting outside every day and all the water spots since all the dirty water from the roof runs off onto the hood of the car, and of course if youve seen the front of the car the rock chips are HORRIBLE...  But im not sure if I should try a paint correction since its a lot cheaper or just save up and do a whole new paint job?
Light em up!!  (Tires that is)

Offline 01stangGT

• Retired Director
  • Chanan Brester
Re: paint correction, or just new paint job?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Honestly paint correction is cheaper but ur just like me u won't be happy with how it turns out. Save up and just repaint the car. Change up the color even. Maybe u have a color u like silver, sonic blue, charcoal (like the s10) im currently looking to change to silver like my old stang. Much easier to maintain and keep clean. I know how hard blavk is to upkeep.

Save the money and go with a lighter color.
2001 Mustang GT Supercharged **Sold** (Biggest regret)
2004 Mustang GT 40th Anniverasry built & cammed **Sold**
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack **Sold**

Offline 69 JR.

• Director
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »
if I was going to paint it silver would probably be my first choice too, since having my focus silver i know how easy it is to maintain lol or the factory DSG color the termi's had.  but thats still a darker color.

Offline 01stangGT

• Retired Director
  • Chanan Brester
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
Yah silver is low maintenance. U don't have to worry about water drying up like it does on black. No more swirls, scratches
2001 Mustang GT Supercharged **Sold** (Biggest regret)
2004 Mustang GT 40th Anniverasry built & cammed **Sold**
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack **Sold**

Offline Dash808

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »
I would try a really good compounding.  Rejuvinator wax with polymers, and then step the compounds up from course to fine and see how it turns out and then respray the bumper & hood. 
If it lives outside a car cover is a must.  A black car outside… maybe even two car covers, lol. 

I'm just pretty anti repaint unless the paint is so far gone that it's the only option.  You'll end up paying big bucks for a great job and IMO it's not worth the money if you ever decide to sell.

Offline 69 JR.

• Director
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
I was thinking I'll probably try that, I have all the compounds and a DA polisher, just gotta move my moms car out of the garage so I can use it, or find another place that's covered I can use

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »
Any idea where the best paint supply shop on island is

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 01:02:05 PM »
No question:

http://hilinedistributors.com/

By the Honolulu Airport.  Give good tips on proper usage and they do not try to over sell.

NAPA and Oreilly's  in Waipahu  each have a paint department.   

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
Friend mine just painted a Tacoma xrunner at Maaco $2500 job came out terrible.  I think a good job would run $4-6k.

I'd consider a wrap but that will also run nearly $4k from what I hear but I haven't priced one out fully.

recovering Roush addict

Offline 69 JR.

• Director
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
Friend mine just painted a Tacoma xrunner at Maaco $2500 job came out terrible.  I think a good job would run $4-6k.

I'd consider a wrap but that will also run nearly $4k from what I hear but I haven't priced one out fully.

I would not trust maaco with my car lol too many bad stories
Ive thought about a wrap or even professionally installed plasti dip but the finish is never as smooth or glossy as paint and its about the same price as a paint job anyway.

Offline noob

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 12:37:36 AM »
tent tarp garage an option?

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.