Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Check out our calendar to view our upcoming events

Hawaii Performance Mustangs ForumHow-to'sHow-to'stire pressure monitor system 2007 to 2009
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: tire pressure monitor system 2007 to 2009  (Read 600 times)
FujsRC09
Secretary

Email
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:33:54 PM »

Does anyone know of a way to turn off the tpms on 2007 to 2009 Mustangs?? The tire sensors are expensive to replace and are  (in my opinion a useless feature on a performance car) annoying to see flashing and beeping when they go bad or can not be matched to car due to different radio frequency.
Don Johnston
Official HPM member

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »

They are way cheaper on Amazon or eBay.  They have to be tuned to your vehicle so you can either use a donut magnet or a small remote controller, which looks like your electronic door key or garage opener.  You then have to check your manual as to the sequence to recode each TPMS as you go around the car by multiple start/stop ignition sequences and brake pedal, wait for horn beeps, etc..   I have a sensor and a magnet donut if you need to borrow them.  Getting a TPMS from a Ford Dealer is way too costly.  You can usually get a set of four for that they charge for one.  The system has been a lifesaver for me in both the Shelby (forgot to check tire pressure after running California road course track and pressure loss here on these lovely poorly paved torture roads) and on the Explorer which seems to like to attract various screws and nails in parking lots.  Oh, the batteries in the TPMS is usually only good for 8-10 years, or about the safe rubber life of a tire and the batteries are not accessible.   The replacement cost is plus  the charge for having them put on your rims and then getting the tire/rims balanced.

I believe the Amazon TPMS prices are good as people on the mainland have to change tires for winter in so many places.  I couldn't find either the TPMS or magnets or controllers here at NAPA or O'Rielly's.  Not enough demand to stock them, I guess.
onederful100
Retired Director
Administrator

if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:11:09 AM »

I don't think there is a way to turn TPMS off for those years Mustangs
I haven't had TPMS since I bought mine 10 years ago
so every time I start the Mustang I always get the flashing warning light, and I press reset and it goes off.
that's the only solution that I've found.

Whipple Crew Member
Double Tap Division
click here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: