lilywhite
lilywhite
Quiet Exhaust
Hello Guest

Quiet Exhaust

• 12 Replies
Quiet Exhaust
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »
OK HPM, what is the best flowing quiet exhaust.  I presently have Flowmaster 40's and they are very loud cruising down the highway.

I am looking for a quiet, but still growly exhaust (when I get on it).  I am not looking for the import kazoo muffler or backpressure popping also.

Not looking to spend a bunch either, just something to quiet down the fox 5.0 a bit.

Please let me know your thoughts as I am looking at Dynomax Super Turbo or Thrush Turbo?

Thank you

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
Re: Quiet Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »
Dynomax would be a good choice as ther is more baffling.  You could also check out Borla stuff although a little pricey.  Magnaflow would be another suggestion.  My previous 1991 LX had the Flowmaster 44 series and yeah a lot of drone, but it had that classic 5.0 sound.  What about going to a larger series like the American Thunder type mufflers as the case is larger with more baffling.  Also, if you're running it catless, that makes a big difference too. 
One of these days, Alice!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:25:16 PM »
My Corsa Extremes are quiet as long as I don't get on it. Smash the pedal and it's a completely different story.

Offline onederful100

• Retired Director
  • if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »
flowmaster series 10 single chamber is what you want.  :lookaround: 

Whipple Crew Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »
Dynomax are nice, vibrant is too, Im running some custom vibrant axle backs, they tamed down my car a lot.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »
Thank you all!!!  I am probably going with DynoMax SuperTurbo.

Offline humbleLX

• Retired Director/Treasurer
    • Black & Tan
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
Like Freitas said,If you no more cats on it buy a catted mid-pipe. it will quiet it down significantly but still sound great when you get on it

took me 20 minutes with a hand from my room mate.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »
Yup!

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »
Why everyone wants to be silent but deadly all of a sudden IDK.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
To be prepared for the fossil fuel political apocalypse as well as growing senior citizen complaints in tightly built communities (not by me). 

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
The only ones intent on creating the apocalypse as you suggest are the moronic tre hugging snowflakes that have nothing to do but swarm Starbucks in search of free wifi while stealing free electricity that someone else paid for to recharge their entitled ass Leaf whilst getting a government sponsored tax credit (which the rest of us subsidize) whilst avoiding road traveling taxes that the rest of us so called fossil fuel addicted cretins pay for so they can drive on smoother roads that we paid for. 

As you can see I am not amused....

Offline onederful100

• Retired Director
  • if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:24:47 AM »
LT's, o/r x pipe, straight thru bullet mufflers, 4" catback.  that's my handicap special exhaust.
I live a few blocks away from a deaf and blind school, so they are very thankful for my exhaust they can hear from blocks away
some are blind, some are partially deaf.  so a loud exhaust is a helpful, and sometimes life saving modification.
loud exhaust is what all Mustangs need.
think of the handicap.  think of the children.  do it for the children.  :shaka:

Whipple Crew Member

Offline 07GTstang

• Inter Club Representative
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »
I ran a O/R x with midmounted magnapacks and borla stinger axle backs and it was almost as quiet as stock but flowed like no tomorrow.
2007 Mustang GT: 4PTSIK
Saleen gen vi blower @ 10psi - unknown whp/wtq (probably a good amount)

occasionally spits fire

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.