lilywhite
lilywhite
Auto car window tinting company. delectable
Hello Guest

Auto car window tinting company.

• 5 Replies
Auto car window tinting company.
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »

Small company in Kapalama. Got recommended by my friend as he had his truck windows redone.  The name is Protint Hawaii. Dwight is the man running the shop. Shop number is 341-9798. 

Great job done on my car. Dwight uses steam to remove the old tint. He used ceramic tint film to do the windows. There was no mess left behind on the interior, the new film looks really great. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I was hesitant to have the windows redone because I have read posts about other companys that leave a mess behind when one picks up their cars. Or in talking to the people at a shop I get the feeling they really don't want to deal with removing the old tint.

I got three more cars to do and I will take them to Protint Hawaii.

Offline 07GTstang

• Inter Club Representative
Re: Auto car window tinting company.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:11:26 PM »
How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for a place to re-tint the mustang and audi for a while, just havent settled on a place yet thinking i could find somewhere cheaper lol.
2007 Mustang GT: 4PTSIK
Saleen gen vi blower @ 10psi - unknown whp/wtq (probably a good amount)

occasionally spits fire

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »
sorry it took so long to reply. The shop charged me $330 to redo the tint in the mustang. Need to say you were referred by a friend. But no guarantee price did not go up since I did the car. Dwight he was easy to talk with. At least this was my experience. Not unlike some of the other shops I had checked with. Other shops I came away with the feeling they did not want to remove old tint. I was not told some whopping story or feel person did not  want to do the job.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:14:52 AM by FujsRC09 »

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 08:18:24 PM »
sometimes I look to save and get the lowest price, but with tint I am willing to pay a bit more, and have had A+ jobs from TNT (location on the way to the airport) over many years / many cars) - about to take a Jag XKR coupe over there for all around plus front windshield / 'air blue'
recovering Roush addict

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
I also use TNT due to quality of materials and work.  I have seen a number of both good and bad tinting shops come and go.  Usually it is either poor materials and workmanship or super low prices that cause them to go out of business in just a few years.  Plus a number of shops that would put in illegal tint and refuse to offer to a deal to change it when the car would not pass safety check. 8)

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
No way, you go to him cuz he's a poncho, be honest.
One of these days, Alice!

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.