lilywhite
lilywhite
What's up delectable
Hello Guest

What's up

• 12 Replies
What's up
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
Hey all, not new to Hawaii, actually born and raised, not new to HPM either. Just got into a new to me Mustang. Probably will be my last Mustang as it's just 1 down on my wish list of ones I'd love to own, #1 being a Terminator. Due to a faulty left knee can't do the clutch anymore. Will be visiting a meeting or outing soon.  :rockon:  I'll post pics once I figure out how to.

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
Re: What's up
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
Welcome back Larry!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
 :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:26:00 PM by tazmanhawaii »

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:49:29 AM »
Very nice!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:50 PM »
Looks sweet.  Not sure if the lens covers pass safety check, though.

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:05:04 AM »
Wow Larry that thing is really clean...not too many nice Mach 1's out there.  Congrats on the new ride.  The only thing I would do is stock lights front and back....that's just the Mustang Melvin coming out LOL.  Enjoy!
One of these days, Alice!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »
Pictures were taken before headlight change.  Did not like the quad halo headlights, put stock headlights in it and it looks muich better in the front.  Keeping the tail lights for now, they aren't too bad looking.  Love the car.  When I first got it, the front end was making all kinds of squeaks and groans.  Had it put on the rack at work to figure out what was going on.  Good news, it has new a-arms and ball joints, reson for all thr noise in the front, who ever did the install didn't tighten the four nuts that hold the a-arms to the front of the car.  Also, the driver side wheel bearing was shot.  So after a couple hundred bucks, the car now rides much better.

I got very lucky with this find.  It's bone stock minus the lights and Flowmaster mufflers.  It has low miles, 59,800 or so.  Some small stuff, the rims have pitting under the chrome.  I will most likely change them out at some point.  Theres some little nicks and scratches here and there.  Nothing big.  I plan to make some bolt on mods to it.  Exhaust, rims and tires and maybe a tuner.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:40:48 PM by tazmanhawaii »

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »
Eh, you're gonna have fun with it.  I gotta warn you, Borla Stinger cat backs sound killer on those things.  Magnaflow Magnapack is a close second.  Great fitment and tone.  The catch is it's a bit raspy and obnoxious without the cats....as they are designed with the stock cats in place.  If you do go headers, catted h pipe would give the old school tone.   No worries, endless opinions from the Melvins in here...Gavin I'm sure will put in a thought or two....so glad you're back in the saddle again.....couldn't help the Aerosmith line LOL.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
Is that front suspension failure normal for that kind of low mileage?

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
SN95 chassis also known as the Fox4.  Improved version of the fox but ball joints are supposed to be improved from the original fox versions that they're based off of.  But yeah if the clamps for the sway bars are not torqued down, the front handling is all over the place.  Very simple chassis so easy to mod and repairs are fairly cheap.  The only thing about the stock Mustang front end that sucks in stock form are the strut mounts and the limited adjustment available.  Even the SN197 and the S550 suffer from this.  Most designed for quick factory assembly, not future owner maintenance. 

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 09:12:36 AM »
Well, I ordered a Bassani cat-back for it.  We'll see how that sounds before I decide if I should buy the Bassani X-Pipe with cats.  It a good setup as the X-pipe ships with both cats and cat delete pipes.  It's a twofor.  Justin's GT sounds mean without the cats.  We still hear driving around Kailua.  Just not sure if I want mine that loud so the cats would mostly stay in.

Offline Joe Babooze

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:44:39 AM »
Yeah insomniac up at 4:30AM.....not even military. 

Forgot about Bassani....good choice as SS and build quality top notch.  Yeah try the cat back first is a smart move.  When I had the Borla system on my Mach 1 it was plenty loud and no raspy tones.  Seems to be a characteristic of OHC engines when going catless or straight piped.  IMO, there are a lot of Coyotes out there that sound like ricers going through withdrawals and think with the same mindset as their VTEC brethren.  Somehow the sound of grandpa on Sunday morning clearing the colon gasses is cool.  Guess I'm too old school but I like a good deep old school muscle car tone.  The raspiness is toned down by that cats and the resonators which is why Ford put resonators on the Coyote engines in the first place.  Eventually I'll upgrade mine at some point and resonators are a must.  Larger pipes will generate a lower resonant frequency, hence deeper tone.  Resonator to kill the rasp.  Higher flow cats to remove the restriction.  Long tubes are great but reduced ground clearance, installation cost and street car only use, so not worth it to me. 

Main thing is, do what you enjoy and is pleasing to your ear....it's all good. 

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.