Been a long time delectable
Hello Guest

Been a long time

• 7 Replies

Offline SFDOC18D

• Drive it like you stole it.
Been a long time
« on: February 03, 2019, 02:54:29 PM »
Well I have finally narrowed my search for a new Stang. I am in the works right now on buying a 2016 Shelby....Pics to come soon. I just drove it a day ago and now I am deciding!!! Any suggestions?
03 Cobra
KB 2.8L
SCT 3 Tuner
576/476
Magnaflow Exhaust
SLP Headers w/BBK X-Pipe
Fore Innovations level 4 Return style Fuel System
ID 1000 Injectors
JLT CAI

Offline 69 JR.

• Director
Re: Been a long time
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
Wait for the new GT500!
Light em up!!  (Tires that is)

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 05:54:59 PM »
Wait for the new GT500!

Unless you demand a manual tranny.

Offline SFDOC18D

• Drive it like you stole it.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:58:18 AM »
Well I am back in the Mustang Gang.Just bought me a 2017 GT350. Already looking at a Pro-Charger to put on it. I am prepping the pictures to post. She is Def a beauty. Handling is unbelievable. Give me 24 hours and I will have it posted up.
03 Cobra
KB 2.8L
SCT 3 Tuner
576/476
Magnaflow Exhaust
SLP Headers w/BBK X-Pipe
Fore Innovations level 4 Return style Fuel System
ID 1000 Injectors
JLT CAI

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
Better do some research about the challenges of putting a blower on the flat plane crank 5.2 engine.  Yes, it has been done, but the design does not lead to long term reliability, especially at at the high rpms.  The Ford engineers have repeatedly cautioned against it for a number of reasons in the design.  But have fun with the 350, it is a great Mustang.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 08:11:34 AM »
Speaking of PROCHARGER, we are just finishing up the install in a :evil: GT350 in the Shop along with Carbon Fiber Driveshaft and Level 5 axles from THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP. Now the best part I get to ROAD TEST it!

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:53:19 PM »
Speaking of PROCHARGER, we are just finishing up the install in a :evil: GT350 in the Shop along with Carbon Fiber Driveshaft and Level 5 axles from THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP. Now the best part I get to ROAD TEST it!
Where are you doing the road test?  Road or on a track?

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 05:54:41 AM »
You could always swap to a cross plane crank later, forged lower compression pistons, add a positive displacement blower and go hunting GT500s.  Essentially what the new GT500 engine is anyway. Upper rpm harmonics is what you gotta watch out for in a flat plane crank, especially with 5.2 liters of displacement.  This is the reason why Ferrari and McLaren run small displacement and turbos rather than supercharging as there is no extra front bearing load from blower belts and the smaller displacement and shorter stroke means at higher rpm the engine wont vibrate itself to death.  Fords reasoning was using bigger displacement to give the engine some semblance of torque on the street in a naturally aspirated form.  As long as boost is reasonable and cooling mods are done, the engine will work well.  6-7 psi is about max IMO on the Voodoo.  Have fun with the car......definitely gonna be a lot of fun.
One of these days, Alice!

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.