lilywhite
Is There Still an HPM Club?
delectable
Hello Guest

• 14 Replies
« on: November 29, 2019, 08:37:16 AM »
No real chatter here or months, no events, some Facebook stuff only about items for sale. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:20:01 PM by Don Johnston »

Re: Is There Still an HPM Club?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »
I haven't posted on this forum in years!  I actually didn't think this page still existed.  I hope you guys are still meeting up and having a good time!  I know I did..........at least while I lived in Hawaii.
"Ahhh crap I'm stuck in the stairs!"

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 06:26:09 PM »
Sad to say but members moved away or just stopped coming out. The last 3 or 4 events we planned, only the officers showed up so, yeah HPM is pretty much dormant for now. 
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »
CAthy, how much longer will this forum site last?  Hopeully, it will be available when the inerest and support for HPM returns.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
I figured the club would still go on cruises and stuff.  Is there a facebook page?  Man, it is sad to see this site so lonely!  A lot of memories here for me.

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
Don, the site will last as long as there is money to pay for it. :rockon: should be a while

Mike, yes there is a facebook page  :rockon: and yeah it is pretty sad.  Im hoping when we get a track it will pick up again.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
It's like this all around.... :-(

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
At least there is a facebook page.  PCHIH is no longer as well.  Did a track ever open again?

Offline Cathy69Stang

• Vice Director
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »
There is a group called Circuit Hawaii that has land and is supposed to open a track in about 2 years iirc
Keeping my fingers crossed.  :rockon:

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »
There are two tracks proceeding through the permit process for Oahu.  There is a Raceway Park with a couple of hundred acres on part of former Barbers Point land is a State/County/Private collaboration for land and will operate similar to the tracks on Maui and in Hilo.  The second track is a private membership track on 53 acres purchased in Campbell Industrial Park that will have 1/8 mile drag strip and a special road course.  The latter, Circuit Hawaii, is geared towards exotic cars that want to run on a high quality road course.  It will have public access (for a fee) days. The Hawaii Raceway will be 1/4 mile, dirt oval and drifting set ups.  Both expect to be operational withing a couple of years now that most of the government agreements, surveys, inspections, etc. have been met. 8)

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
Holy cow!  That took a long time.  I remember back when I left in 2008, everyone was still trying to secure land but was halted due to all kinds of things.  At least it looks like there are a lot of options to run your car.  I miss taking the old 90 down the 1/4 mile.  Good times!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 09:24:31 PM »
It's Hawaii.  Time and political decisions move very slowly. 

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 02:32:14 PM »
That's a fact!  I wish my life stayed on Hawaii time:)

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »
Going to a luncheon tomorrow to find out what is the latest on the development of the Hawaii Raceway Park track. 

I also get emails on the continuing status of the Circuit Hawaii track, which has the land and a few investors, but is pushing to get more.  There is an initiation fee for membership plus an annual fee.  I expect it is geared towards the exotic car crowd of which there are quite a large number in Hawaii. 

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 04:12:04 PM »
We just got to Likelike....court was long

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.