lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
lilywhite
New Safety Check System--Anyone concerned?
Hello Guest

New Safety Check System--Anyone concerned?

• 865 Replies

Offline Dash808

Re: New Safety Check System--Anyone concerned?
« Reply #855 on: April 25, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
You wonder why they don't create aftermarket housings that prevent the problem.  No wonder.
I like the visibility of the HID but the replacement cost of parts is crazy.  Even the LED taillamp
assembly is almost 2K to replace.  That's why I'm paranoid about tailgaters. (NH)

They do but quality HID housings are expensive. Most just throw in a 5,000,000,000,000 candlepower HID bulb in a regular stock style housing and think they're cool because now they have HID's when really all they have is POS hella bright diffused, unfocused, and nondirected light being thrown everywhere. 

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #856 on: April 25, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »
You wonder why they don't create aftermarket housings that prevent the problem.  No wonder.
I like the visibility of the HID but the replacement cost of parts is crazy.  Even the LED taillamp
assembly is almost 2K to replace.  That's why I'm paranoid about tailgaters. (NH)

Yeah when I was ordering my Altima they asked if I wanted HIDs.  I asked how much for replacement assemblies, $1200 a side.  Nevermind halogens are fine...

Offline Dash808

« Reply #857 on: April 25, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »

Yeah when I was ordering my Altima they asked if I wanted HIDs.  I asked how much for replacement assemblies, $1200 a side.  Nevermind halogens are fine...

You guys don't have insurance? Lol

Offline Dash808

« Reply #858 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »

Not to mention most safety inspectors would fail it because of ignorance, like my Lightning failed a while ago because of the OEM stock DOT approved "Clear" tail lights, LOL smh

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »
yeah....LOL we have cops just like that too....ha ha ha

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2016, 11:37:02 PM »
Just had a 4Runner with modified HIDs pull up next to me at a light but I was starving so I just talked with him through our windows. Asked him if he could change out his HIDs back to stock because they're illegal.  He was cool and said he would and apologized because he's from the Big Island.  I laughed and informed him that they're still illegal there too...LOL  Safety Inspection is "suppose" to catch it....OEM or OER...LOL

Offline Joe Babooze

• Suffering from occasional irregularity
« Reply #861 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »
Oh, from the Big Island.  Why, Billy said it was okay?
One of these days, Alice!

Offline mberry

• General Computer Nerd
  • just crazy talk--->>
« Reply #862 on: April 26, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »
yeah....LOL we have cops just like that too....ha ha ha

Had a cop stop my jeep for no-recon because "i have silver shocks and red control arm bushings, and those are not OEM" >.<
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:19:41 PM by mberry »
'88 fox LX cone smasher (302, forged internals, lunati voodoo, cobra intake, SLP LM2s, MM Track pack, rattle can paint, and yes, i can fit 315s on all 4 tires!)
fire red '03 cobra...built engine...broken...rat food
sonic blue '03 cobra, 3.4 whipple, long tubes, SRA, return style fuel, ID1000s.

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #863 on: April 26, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »
Wait, don't all Jeeps need recon?....it's not a real Jeep if it's stock!

Offline mberry

• General Computer Nerd
  • just crazy talk--->>
« Reply #864 on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:47 AM »
LOL!

its not "stock" but i've played within the rules. I want to do a full stretched longarm build. but im not dropping thousands of dollars to play games with safety/recon. besides, the trails out here dont need big jeeps. slap on some 33in mud tires, and you can pretty much get anywhere with a bit of finesse.
'88 fox LX cone smasher (302, forged internals, lunati voodoo, cobra intake, SLP LM2s, MM Track pack, rattle can paint, and yes, i can fit 315s on all 4 tires!)
fire red '03 cobra...built engine...broken...rat food
sonic blue '03 cobra, 3.4 whipple, long tubes, SRA, return style fuel, ID1000s.

Offline kalihicop

« Reply #865 on: November 23, 2018, 08:33:01 AM »
Airbag light on will safety now...FYI...

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.